Friday, March 14, 2008

Sweet Dreams are Made of This



Other than the fact that since childhood, Annie Lennox has eerily reminded me of my mom (I think it's the hair cut), I have been having some strange dreams. There are different schools of thought on the whole nocturnal brain processes...some cultures believe that they are symbols, or archetypes if you will, from ancestors trying to send messages. However a recent theory as discussed on the Discovery Channel...yes I do watch Discovery channel (but only when Family Guy is not on) that hypothesizes that our brains are the brains filing system and it sorts through all of the information from the day and saves or discards it based on need or interest...I fall more into the camp of the latter but there are still some areas left fuzzy in my mind...




But anyhow...since the nearing of the wedding I have been having those (what I hope are typical...please back me up ladies) dreams that we get to the wedding but realize that we have forgotten to book a minister/officiant, or we never sent out invitations, or an assortment of other deleterious of wedding faux pas.


This has been happening for the last month or so, and have never disturbed me enough to inhibit my daytime life.




For the past several years a majority of my dreams (if I can remember them) have been pretty mundane...like everyday life events. But the other night I had one of those dreams that I immediately had to tell Gordon when he was on his way out the door for work. He still thinks I am insane and wants to have me checked to make sure I should be the counselor and not the client at work...but I thought it was amusing!




I don't remember how it started but a good portion of it was me with metal finger tips (from the middle knuckle on). At first I was like "whoa what in the world is wrong with me" but then others found out and were intrigued. The next thing I remember well enough to comment on was that I was on an info-mercial type program boasting the use and need for these metal fingers along with 1950s style demonstrations. The rest of the details are a little fuzzy but I do recall some of the uses as:




  • Never have to file your nails again, gals!


  • (apparently they were magnetized too) Never lose valuable jewelry down the drain ever again


  • Scale a building with the greatest of ease (I guess a metal building)


  • Become the World's best back scratcher!


  • AND


  • Never have to buy garden tools again!


I'm sure there were some more obscure not actual uses for my metal fingers, but I'm sure they made since to me in my dream.



I would have to say that the reaction I got from Gordon has to rival the reaction I got when I was dreaming of ordering Burritos at Qdobas and I was pointing at the overhead menu board and placing my order with Gordon in my sleep!!



Just thought I would share that with you all. I am laying low tonight in preparation for the Shamrock Race in the morning...wish me luck (I need it 50 degrees and 16mph winds).


No comments: