Saturday, March 15, 2008

SUCCESS!!

I finished the race. I beat my best time even though I had to stop and take a quick breathing walk...There were supposedly 7000 runners this morning for the 8k. It was fun, but I don't think the half-marathon or marathon is in my future!!


Here are my posted official results:

RESULTS - SHAMROCK FESTIVAL 8K - 2008

Place Bib# Name Gen Age City St Coun Chiptime Pace Guntime Div /Tot

1051 17020 Erin Taylor F 28 Norfolk VA USA 43:36.00 8:47 45:35.80 71/571

Div Gend/Tot G

F25-29 313/2865 F


Basically I came in 1051st overall and 313th for women...woo hoo...The winner was a male from Kenya that ran at a pace of 4:30 second miles...FREAK!!! or maybe just a masochist. Gordon was at the finish line cheering me on as I quickly crossed and found my way to the beer tent...ahh the sweet taste of success.

Sorry it is sideways, I forgot to edit it...but this was about 1 hour after "the greenest race in the country" and downing 2 yeungling (gotta support the sponsors)

1 comment:

pam said...

Way to go Erin! Congrats on finishing the race and reaching your goal. Don't worry about the strange wedding dreams, they are normal. And they will probably get weirder as the wedding date approaches.