Friday, January 4, 2008

catch up

I'm not quite sure why I am creating this blog...but maybe it will amuse someone.

Well, It is already 2008 and things are in full swing for the wedding. We have all kinds of goodies en route to the apartment (as if we need more stuff in here!) like plastic bottles, coconut mugs, corks and phone calls about where to stay and when to get there and other miscellaneous questions...all I can tell you is the island is not that big and wherever you feel comfortable staying (i.e. financially and location-wise) you will be alright. There is really not a safety issue in Key West...I've never seen roving gangs or muggers mostly because 90% of the people that live down there are ex-hippies and also because there is not much room to run...so I think you are all pretty safe!

In other news: Gordon is enjoying his new job still. They have had him all over the eastern sea board so far but his main route right now is from the Outer Banks in NC to our beloved Norfolk. The schedule is a little strange in my opinion but it seems to work out.

I am still with the Hope House Foundation working with my caseload of individuals with mild mental retardation. It was a hectic December with my boss out for the month but my coworker (yes singular) and I managed to hold everything together fairly well.

Unless you are a direct family member or live in town with us you may not have known about "The Green Goblin", our 1992 teal green Mazda pickup with 230,000 miles...well it lived up to the name I dubbed it when we got it! Maybe I should have named it "the Green Go-Go" or something instead because on my way home from Gordon's folks it decided to "Stop-Stop". After a ride with a tow truck driver that refused to listen to the new GPS system he got for Christmas and actually used the word "Nyaw" plus a $292 repair to get it back to Norfolk I took that sucker to Carmax and got me a 2006 pumpkin orange...yes you heard me...pumpkin orange Chevy Cobalt! So far I am really enjoying it and the people that have to ride with me are grateful as well...

That about covers it for this installment of "Erin's boring rants" tune in next time for "what Erin and Gordon decided to eat for dinner" :P

2 comments:

side of fries said...

Not boring one bit! It's good to know that you're happy, healthy, not in a coma with wedding details, and driving with a bit more safety. I'll be checking in often, so post away.

pam said...

Welcome to blogging! And if you do post about your dinner choices Bret will LOVE it! It's nice to have this window into your life and it's a great way to be connected!
Pam