Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Old Man








Yesterday was Gordon's birthday. The Big 4-0!! I tried to get some elaborate plans concocted, but due to the nature of Gordon's schedule and this being a busy time of year for everyone, I could not get commitment from many people as to if they could help us celebrate. And Gordon was not much help either. I threw out tons of ideas to the birthday boy...but nothing really came back with undying enthusiasm...so I told him that if nothing manifested it was not my doing...
But it turned out to be a good birthday weekend for him after all. I guess it just shows that the less you plan the less can go wrong! Leading up to his birthday the phrase that stands out to me the most was "I'm turning 40 not 4!" So instead he had a very distinguished birthday chalked full of blueberry picking, body surfing, free slurpees, confetti, toy airplanes, and hanging out with a 7 year old (among others)...just goes to show you are only as old as you feel inside! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORDON!!!

No comments: