Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Dog, Happy Plants, Happy Birthday America!!

As usual things are busy around here! Summer is in full effect and that is fine by me! I only wish my office was more like summer and less like Antarctica. I think the busy period for my caseload is over for the year (knock on wood). I still have an intermittent Plan Renewal to look forward to and of course we can't forget the "he can't do that but I want my kid to be independent parents" that bring the usual dilemma's to the table. But for the most part it should be pretty evenly spread for the next while. My newest task my supervisor has dubbed me with is doing Initial Intake Meetings with people and their families to get them on the DD Waiver Waitlist...basically I fill out tons of paperwork and gather all kinds of information about the person with the disability from what kind of primary insurance he has to what kind of food he likes. Then I go back to the office and type up 3 separate documents that get submitted to DMAS (Dept of Medical Assistance Services) and wait for the confirmation that they are on the Waitlist...It's not too bad and it gets me out of the office, but my boss just told me that we will have about 20 more come through in the next month or so...damn me for being efficient!!

On a less dry and boring note, Cooke (our dog, duh) is enjoying the new pad. Below are some pics of him in the back yard a couple hours ago. He is 5 1/2 years old but still acts like he did when he was wee poo hound most of the time...and just as clumsy (but I guess I would be too if I had giant baseball mits for paws).
I was trying to get more of Cooke and less of me, but Cooke was being a primadonna!
Above: Happy Dog!!
Below: Standing on his hind legs trying to get closer to his Snau-some

Winded and a bit confused after chasing the red ball in circle

Our Plants are doing quite well too! Especially the Aloe, Jalapenos, Cayennes, and Caribbean Hots. We also have some Basil, Habaneros, Tabasco, Serranos, Rosemary and Thyme. Below are some pics of the Aloe, Jalapenos (which are almost ready to be picked) and the Caribbean Hots (that are well on their way to spicy greatness)!!In case I don't post again till after Saturday...Have a Fun and Safe 4th of July...HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!

No comments: