Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 in Brief Review




Sorry it has been so long. Without pictures the blogs aren't terribly exciting and I know this...
The above picture represents my new job (where I actually have my own office), my new name, and if you look closely at the bottom you can see the braille type (of my name) that represents my advocacy work for people with disabilities. Funny that it seems a lot like the braille type posted in the bathroom for "toilet paper" but I will give them the benefit of the doubt!

2008 New Years Resolution?: Become involved in more community activities

Succeed?: Ran the Shamrock Race in March, Started Working at an Advocacy Organization for People with Disabilities in September, and Donated a soccer ball for Toys for Tots in December...so I guess, yes

Wedding: Had a great time in the Keys where we got married on May 24, 2008 in a garden in Key West, FL. Complete with Family, Friends, Ghosts, Fish, Rum, Reggae, Sun and Fun

Other Events: Gordon is still flying freight for a Fed Ex Carrier and I have started working as a DD Waiver Case Manager (I help people who receive the Medicaid Waiver obtain services they need by meeting with them, sending documentation to DMAS and facilitating the services with the service providers).
Our nephew Brakston celebrated his 1st birthday with us in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. We ate dinner at Macaroni Grill and kinda like after school special junkies, we gave him the first taste of a pure sugar rush with his dirt pudding and gummy work cupcake (see Taylor Trio blog for pics). Oh yeah, and Boomer and Heidi were there too ;P How could I forget the boxes (which many are still sitting in the living room might I add). This is a picture of Brakston and his cousin Grant from October



Cooke just recently celebrated his 5th birthday on December 11th. He received a giraffe with a noise making belly that has quickly become his new favorite toy and object to plop on my stomach in the middle of the night. Below is a picture of Cooke at Halloween with his Reptilian costume I found at the thrift store for 45cents...well worth it


Gordon is in the midst of rebuilding his 1970 MGB. He purchased it shortly after the wedding and has enjoyed putting around town in it (especially when it is warm and not raining).

We have joined the Blocker Family YMCA this year. If I remember correctly it is the 2nd largest Y. It is 4 stories of gym and then another floor or two of meeting rooms and offices. Lots of new equipment and nice people...definitely a good investment. And I am sure our downstairs neighbors appreciate me not using our treadmill on the 100 year old wood floors anymore!
Other than that we wish you all a great Christmas and a wonderful new year!! Safe travels and warm wishes,
The Kings (of Norfolk)

No comments: