Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're Baaaack!!

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to Key West! It was a blast...we hope it was as much fun and worthwhile as it was for us. A few of you had requested to have a copy of our vows so we thought this might be the easiest way to get them out there. If anyone duplicates them though...we want royalties!!! :P

Pictures will be to come... and if any of you have some that you would like to share with us, we would love to see them. Either copy them to disc and mail them or email them to byrd11duck@yahoo.com

Here is our whole wedding ceremony (all 5 minutes of it):

Gordon and Erin Wedding Vows

OPENING WORDS
My friends we have gathered today in the midst of verdant Spring, enveloped in new beginnings. As the lushness of the season flourishes, so does the affirmation of this persevering relationship.
This spring wedding should remind us that like the seasons and the tides, life moves in cycles. We recognize the abiding, shared hope that after every winter, spring will come again.
We are here to celebrate beginnings, and to acknowledge that love, as anything else, requires sustaining care and nurture. In making this declaration to their family and friends, Erin and Gordon express their eagerness to take up this life-long challenge by dedicating this commitment to one another.

VOWS
At this time Gordon, you may state your vows to Erin
(Gordon reads his vows)
What a journey we have taken together over the past few years and no small matter is it that we have ended up here, again, in paradise. And though we have come full circle, we have climbed many a hill and mountain, sidestepped pitfalls and hiccups in our path to reach this plateau. Through this passion and a culmination of our interests to seek knowledge and understanding, our path shall stay as one. As we are drawn by the warmth of the equator, we are drawn closer by each other’s warmth. As the wind moves us we will remain true. No peril of rain, gale, or cold, that we may face together, will separate the vigor or endurance of the dream we share. So as I humbly stand before you here, I wish to commit myself without hesitation, to your spirit, to your love, and to your beauty.
At this time Erin, you may state your vows to Gordon.
(Erin reads her vows)
I cannot possibly express what you mean to me in a few lines. There was a bond with you almost instantly that I have never had with anyone. Together we have experienced some amazing things. You are so much to me, an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, arms to embrace, a hand to hold, eyes to guide me, but most importantly you are my best friend. I could never have imagined that I would be taking your hand in marriage back when you would make those long treks across Florida through rainstorms and flat tires to see me or when I peered at you over my mountain of nachos. Even when I broke your dishes or dropped your helmet you made me feel like the most important person in the world. I know I am not the easiest person to get along with and my sense of direction is not always the best, but it was certainly working when I found you. With you by my side I will never be lost. I love you and I always will.

RING EXCHANGE
The exchanging of rings symbolizes the sacred bond that exists between you. The circle is considered to be the most perfect form of all forms in nature. Just as the circle, your rings know no end, so may the love declared here today never end and forever be renewed.
Gordon, place the ring on Erin’s finger and repeat after me:
"I give you this ring in love and truth, for now and forever"
Erin, place the ring on Gordon’s finger and repeat after me:
"I give you this ring in love and truth, for now and forever."

FINAL WORDS
Because you Gordon and you Erin have consented together to be married,
And have given and pledged your loyalties to one another,
By the authority vested in me by the state of Florida,
Witnessed by your friends and family,
I have the pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife.
"You may now seal your vows and commitment to each other with a kiss"
And now ladies and gentlemen,
I have the pleasure of presenting to you Mr. and Mrs. King.

Thanks again to everyone who expressed their congratulations in all forms we received...it means so much to us!! Check back for pics in the next week or so.

No comments: